The Markus Family Scholarship
Congratulations to Ashley Manzo and Alexander Lund!
They were the winners of the $500 Markus Family Scholarship this year. A presentation will take place at the Opening Ceremonies of the festival.
In honor of Donna and Al Markus, longtime Sugar Grove Corn Boil volunteers, the Sugar Grove Corn Boil Committee is proud to announce we are accepting applications for the Markus Family Scholarship for 2019. Two student scholarship awards in the amount of $500 each will be presented at the Corn Boil opening ceremony on Friday July 26, 2019.
If you are reading this, we know you are probably interested in our scholarship. We are seeking a specific type of student—individuals who are enthusiastic, love to volunteer, and have educational goals but are not necessarily ranked at the top of their class. If this describes you we strongly encourage you to submit an application.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
We understand every circumstance is different but there are qualifications you must meet and rules that must be followed to qualify. Specifically, the student must:
- be a resident of Sugar Grove, Illinois
- be a current library volunteer, Sugar Grove Corn Boil volunteer or other Sugar Grove 501(c)3 volunteer
- be a senior in high school or enrolled in a college
- have maintained at least a 2.0 GPA throughout his/her final two years in high school.
- be accepted to (or currently enrolled) an accredited college/university or technical school to which the scholarship will be applied and plan to apply the scholarship to the upcoming school year.
Scholarship Application and Deadline
All scholarship applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019. You can e-mail the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail completed applications to:
Markus Family Scholarship
P.O. Box 225
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
For additional information, contact David Burroughs at email@example.com.
Good luck to all 2019 applicants—we can’t wait to meet you!